There’s no doubt that when it comes to the removal of unwanted hair waxing and shaving are the default solutions for most women. They’re both inexpensive and to a degree less painful in general than laser hair removal, which is the third treatment most women think of when it comes time to deal with unwanted hair. But there’s another way as well. A gentler, yet just as effective alternative to shaving, waxing and laser that’s been practiced for centuries by women of the Eastern Mediterranean: sugaring.
Sugar Hair Removal Burlington: The Time Tested Alternative
Sugar hair removal in Burlington as practiced by the aestheticians at 701 Brant is essentially the same as it was during the days of Helen of Troy and Cleopatra. The technique calls for the preparation of a paste made from ingredients such as lemon juice, water and of course, sugar. The paste is then applied to the area with the unwanted hair and subsequently flicked off using a cloth or muslin strip. The most obvious advantage you’ll notice is that the paste does not stick to the skin itself, only the hair, so removal is a virtually painless process.
There are a number of benefits to removing unwanted hair in this fashion besides the fact that it’s less painful.
- No burning – Wax has to be heated to extraordinary temperatures to liquefy and then must be applied hot. The hot wax can burn and even scar. Sugar paste is applied at body temperature and as such will never result in heat damage to your skin.
- Speed – The skilled aestheticians at 701 Brant are able to remove hair from much larger areas at once than can be done with waxing. This saves time which dovetails nicely with the hectic lifestyles of many of our clients.
- Target even very short hairs – Waxing often requires several weeks of growth before it can be done effectively. 701 Brant’s sugaring experts are able to cut that time significantly and remove hair as short as ⅛ of an inch.
- Potential long-term solution – Results from sugar hair removal Burlington can last up to 6 full weeks. Not only that but regular sugaring will often cause the hair follicle to shut down permanently, thereby negating the need for future treatments.
- No fuss clean up – Unlike cleaning up after waxing the process of sugar hair removal creates no stubborn residue. Clean up requires nothing more than a clean cloth and water.
- No trouble touch ups – If the hair removal technician has missed a few hairs the paste can be reapplied immediately without irritating your skin the way reapplying wax would.
701 Brant Salon and Spa is the place to go for sugar hair removal in Burlington. We’re the area’s premiere day spa and are fully staffed by the most highly trained and skilled aestheticians in the area. Come in and enjoy the relaxing atmosphere and take advantage of our extensive list of skin treatments, including sugar hair removal. Call today for an appointment and leave the razors, lasers and hot wax behind.